PanHellenic Commemorates the OXI
Shortly after 3:00am on October 28, 1940 the Italian ambassador to Greece presented Greek Prime Minster Ioannis Metaxas an ultimatum. Greece was to allow Axis forces to enter Greek territory and occupy strategic locations or otherwise face war. In true laconic fashion, Metaxas responded with OXI and Greece began a brave and glorious defense of the motherland.
Let us remember all those who fought bravely and valiantly for Greece, on this 77th Anniversary of OXI DAY, October 28th. The courage and determination of a nation working together defeated the Axis powers, and freedom was once again restored in our homeland. These actions truly represent the spirit of Hellenism.
The PanHellenic Scholarship Foundation continues to support and ensure the continuation of Hellenism by helping our young people receive an education. Knowledge and education is not only fundamental to Hellenism, but to citizenship itself.
We are pleased to announce that our Foundation will offer again $250,000 in scholarships. The 2017-18 Scholarship Application is now available in electronic format. Applications are now accepted from eligible college students through January 31, 2017.
The scholarship awards will be distributed as follows:
• Twenty (20) Awards of $10,000 each based on academic merit and financial need, two (2) of which are allocated to Music and Arts Majors
• Twenty (20) Awards of $2,500 each based solely on academic achievement
To be eligible to apply for a scholarship award, applicants must:
• Be US Citizens or US permanent residents
• Be of Hellenic descent
• Be a full-time undergraduate student at an accredited 4-year university in Fall 2017
• Have a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA
For any questions or inquires please visit www.panhellenicsf.org or call our office at 312.357.6432.